This was the first time in several years that the Utica Children’s Museum participated in the annual Christmas on Main Street festival and it was an amazing day. We welcomed 681 people not counting our dedicated group of volunteers (of which there were over 50) or the wonderful performers who joined us from the Union Station stage. This is the largest single day crowd in many years, if not of all time. The event will generate approximately $3,500 towards the Museum’s mission of creating hands-on, interactive experiences for every child.
Thank you to:
- Mark Santa Maria and his COMS Team for producing a great event.
- Elfun Society of Utica for making Bagg Commemorative Park look magical.
- Time Warner Cable volunteers for building all of those trees!
- RCIL volunteers for helping to keep the Museum clean.
- Kimberly Suwek for being a wonderful photographer-in-residence.
- Our Museum volunteers of whom without, we would not be able to operate: Frances Althiser, Sarah Antonevich, Mary Buttimer, Catherine Flood, Jan Fuhrer, Cathy Kahler, Shea Lape, Michele Morawiec, Richelle Singer, Cindy Syniec, and Cicily Talerico.
- The Museum’s Board of Directors: Suzanne Bellinger, Brad Brown, Mary Cardinale, Celia Domser, Norris Ellinwood, JP Kidwell, Bill Sheerin, and Don Urbanke.
- Time Warner Cable and the Observer-Dispatch for your coverage of children and their families having fun!
- McDonald’s for donating punch and Clemente’s for helping with Store items.
- Participants from Utica College Young Scholars Program, Proctor High School’s ROTC, and Proctor High School students for helping out all day long.
- Everyone who donated to the auction.
- MaryJo Kelly and her students from Cazenovia at Herkimer College for the unique Christmas Around the World stations.
- Participants from the Workforce Investment Boards Face Forward Program, Tyler Wallace and Tyreke Coston, for their excellent work ethic.
- Antonetta Panuccio, President of the Utica Lions Club, and her team.
- Volunteer Amy Eddy for her tireless dedication to any task we ask of her.
- UCM Staff Jessica Bickford-Manson for manning the front desk with ease and aplomb.
And finally, a very special thank you to Jan Rumbutis for conceiving of and producing our Elf Walk event. Jan, you are a wonderfully creative person and it was a pleasure working with you to bring this event to the Mohawk Valley.
To everyone in the community, thank you for your support of our return to Christmas on Main Street!