Please Contribute to our WISH LIST
We are working towards offering an environment that supports every child’s natural curiosity to learn through hands-on, play-based exploration. In order to do this, we welcome your help.
You are always welcomed to make a contribution of money or time. We also invite you to help out by donating something on our Wish List. We are in need of the following items:
(If relevant, an estimated price is listed for your convenience)
Not trees that GROW puppets (although that would be cool!); we’re looking for stands that hold the puppets when children are not playing with them. They keep the puppets tidier and the children can more easily choose the one they want to use.
They are available here.
Things to help us start refurbishing the early childhood education section on the first floor (also known as the place for our youngest visitors ages 0 – 5)
- Touch and Feel cloth books, board books
- 2 or 3 small bean bag/or soft style chairs for children’s library ($35 each)
Honestly, almost anything from Lakeshore Learning would be welcomed!
- Butterfly climber for infants ($280)
- Peakaboo Boards for toddlers ($55)
- Draw and Write Touch Board for preschoolers ($30)
- Brick Building Activity Table for preschoolers ($300)
- Giant Roller Ramps Starter Set to replace our gravity exhibit ($40)
- Mobile Mite Sensory Activity Table (ChildBrite or similar) ($270)
- Materials for sensory table/bins (beads, balls, noodles)
- Kinetic Sensory Sand ($45 for 11lb)
- New toy organizers and storage bins
Things to help us start to renovate Main Street – general
- Occupation costumes (policeman, fireman, post office employee, racecar driver, delivery package driver)
- Dress-Up Play Center (with shatterproof mirror and hangers)
- Doctor, Dentist, and Veterinarian toys and props
Things to make the Museum better for the community:
- Three new changing tables with shelves
- Diaper genie refills ($16 3-pack)
- Two Soap dispensers for 3rd floor bathrooms ($40)
- Always need diaper wipes and paper towels
- Lots and lots of baking soda and white vinegar!
- Washer and dryer
- used shirts and smocks
- Paper towels, toilet paper, white/color copy paper , soap dispenser refills, diaper genie refills, baby wipes, diapers all sizes, office supplies,
PAINT, PAINT, PAINT — either donations of bright, happy colors, gift cards to home improvement stores, or volunteer time to come help us paints some walls.
Professional memberships that will enable us to have traveling exhibits:
- Museum Association of New York $55 (need underwriting for 2018)
- Association of Children’s Museums $595 (need underwriting for 2018)
- Alliance of American Museums $150
- Association of Science & Technology Centers $535
- American Association of Small & Local History $115
Items to help us increase our reach into the community:
- LinkedIn professional membership $780
Sponsor our exhibits – we need sponsors to help keep our exhibits, such as Main Street businesses in tip-top shape for our children to enjoy. Please reach out to us if you are interested today!